Light of the world...You stepped down into darkness...Opened my eyes, Let me see...Beauty that made this heart adore you...Hope of a life spent with you...Here I am to worship...Here I am to bow down...Here I am to say that you're my God...You're altogether lovely...Altogether worthy...Altogether wonderful to me...King of all days...So highly exalted...Glorious in heaven above...Humbly you came to the earth you created...All for love's sake became poor...

Saturday, February 10, 2007

SLI 2007

Emo Emo , everything was so emo...
Stressed out, but all went well.
10 mins before the ceremony, everyone in the control room was in panic. The thumbdrive of the GOH's presentation doesnt seems to work. And I personally do not find his presentation nor his speech that inspiring. Perhaps it will work on the younger minds of 16, but not mine. A little kidish in fact.

Whats the essence of leadership? A god character? What is it?
Leadership .... not everyone is born with it. It comes with nuturing, practice, mistakes, encouragement, affirmation, and learn through failures and successes.
I have read from a book... a leadership of good character must have 3 attributes...moral knowing, moral doing, and moral feeling. Seriously, I think many of our Victorians have to work on moral feeling, more than the other two.

I was almost touched when I heard the voices from the other student leaders in the auditorium singing the song SORING HIGH. It was impromptu singing. I guessed everyone was so inspired by the investiture, and the event was at its peak. Everyone who refused to sing during the rehearsal, was singing it with conviction. It touched me. Very Emo sight actually.

A few person that I wanna to thank...PSB, MC, PB and most of all our head planner, Chin Boon. You have shown me what it takes to be a prefect, a student leader, a black shirt of Victoria School.